Some senior management positions of Chief Mechanical Engineer, Marketing Manager, Head Information Technology and Head Finance have fallen vacant at the Head Office and at the Regional Office in Tanzania. Suitably qualified nationals of Tanzania and Zambia are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Duty Station: Head Office, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The Deputy Managing Director works hand in hand with the Managing Director to formulate strategies and plans for the Authority for approval by the Board of Directors in line with the vision, mission and objectives of the Authority
- Assists the Managing Director in all matters relating to Management and Administration of the Authority;
- Deputises the Managing Director and co-ordinates the activities of the Departments to achieve best performances;
- Monitors operations of the Authority on a day to day basis and keeps the Managing Director advised;
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
- Form four and six Academic Certificates
- A degree from a recognized University or its equivalent preferably in Business Administration or Engineering;
- The candidate should have vast experience in interpersonal skills, leadership and tact to deal with a diverse workforce and clients;
- At least 10 years of experience in a reputable profit-making organization, five of which must have a traceable record at Senior Management level;
- Excellent communications skills;
- A post graduate degree and experience in railway transportation or related industries will be an added advantage.